To enhance leadership skills of high school juniors through a working introduction
to the opportunities, benefits and challenges of establishing a business
or providing a service in the free enterprise system.
COST: FREE for the 60 High School Juniors selected
- Wednesday, March 11, 7:30 AM
Conference starts at Mariani’s Inn & Restaurant in Santa Clara.
- Wednesday afternoon
Students travel by bus to Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Friday, March 13, 7:00 PM
Students arrive by bus at Mariani’s Inn & Restaurant for parent pickup.
How the Selection Process Works
Each student fills out an application online by December 19, 2014 and answers 3 basic questions:
- Why are you interested in applying for this business conference?
- How do you think attending this conference will influence your future goals?
- In ten years, what would you like to be able to tell others about yourself?
Teacher or school administrator completes a recommendation online by December 19, 2014.
Selection committee of Rotarians reviews applications and chooses students, with students notified by mid-February. (Grade Point Average is NOT a criteria for acceptance!)
The 60 Juniors selected will be placed in 10 teams of 3 boys & 3 girls, who do not attend the same high school. School work makeup is expected.
Overview of Conference Curriculum
- Building Your Own Business
- Products/Service, Target Industry, Location,
- Operations, Business Plan, etc.
- Entrepreneurial Stories
- Business Ethics
- Talent Management/Human Resources
- Company Mission and Culture
− Market Analysis, strategies
− Getting Capital, Financial Statements & Projections
- Making Winning Presentations
- Team Building