To enhance leadership skills of high school juniors through a working introduction
to the opportunities, benefits and challenges of establishing a business
or providing a service in the free enterprise system.
COST: FREE for the 48 High School Juniors selected
- Wednesday, March 8, 7:00 AM
Conference starts at Mariani’s Inn & Restaurant in Santa Clara.
- Wednesday afternoon
Students travel by bus to Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Friday, March 10, 7:00 PM
Students arrive by bus at Mariani’s Inn & Restaurant for parent pickup.
How the Selection Process Works
Each student fills out an application online by December 23, 2016 and answers 3 basic questions:
- Why are you interested in applying for this business conference?
- How do you think attending this conference will influence your future goals?
- In ten years, what would you like to be able to tell others about yourself?
Teacher or school administrator completes a recommendation online by January 6, 2018.
Selection committee of Rotarians reviews applications and chooses students, with students notified by mid-February. (Grade Point Average is NOT a criteria for acceptance!)
The 48 Juniors selected will be placed in 10 teams of 3 boys & 3 girls, who do not attend the same high school. School work makeup is expected.
To participate, it is mandatory that every applicant attend one of the two Orientation Sessions with their parent or guardian.
Overview of Conference Curriculum
- Building Your Own Business
- Products/Service, Target Industry, Location,
- Operations, Business Plan, etc.
- Entrepreneurial Stories
- Business Ethics
- Talent Management/Human Resources
- Human Resources/Talent Management
- Company Mission and Culture
− Market Analysis, strategies
− Getting Capital, Financial Statements & Projections
- Making Winning Presentations
- Team Building